Time & Location
About the event
Please register separately for each child taking part.
Anyone in school years Reception to Year 6 can take part.
All young people who live in Henley and attend schools outside of the area or attend schools within the HYF catchment area (eg Badgemore, Bishopswood, Kidmore End, Nettlebed, Peppard, Scared Heart, Shiplake Primary, Sonning Common, Trinity, Valley Road, Chiltern Edge OR attend St Mary's, Rupert House) are welcome to take part.
You can also participate if you live in Henley but attend a school outside of Henley (Cranford House, Borlase, Blue Coat, Reading boys , Moulsford, Pangbourne, Claires Court etc).
We also invite local youth sports clubs to enter the race.
THERE ARE NO REGISTRATIONS ON THE DAY
Refreshments will be on sale.
Supporters welcome - bring the whole family and we hope to have local sports clubs showing you what they have to offer for your children in Henley.
Many thanks to Swiss Farm and the Henley Rugby Club for kindly agreeing for us to use their fields to host the event.
Parking is very limited on the rugby club fields due the current weather conditions, so please park at Waitrose and walk to the rugby club.
Also ensure that the children are wearing the appropriate clothing and footwear.
- A medal for every runner is kindly sponsored by Higgs.
- Certificates for the first 3 placed runners in each race (girls and boys)
- Sports equipment to the value of £250 kindly donated by Physiolistic and Ossur will be presented to the primary school with the most entrants.
- For senior schools there will be £200 worth of sports equipment for the school with the most entrants with thanks to Physiolistic and Ossur
- Monetary prizes for the senior school race winners (boys and girls) as well as monetary prize draw for any of the participants. £15 vouchers for the girls and boys winners of the senior races.
- There will also be four £10 vouchers to be won for any of the senior entrants.
Start times and distances:
*These are approximate start times which may vary with the number of participants.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your race.
08.30am - 8:50am: Course walking
09.00am: Reception (approx. distance 0.5km)
09.15am: Year 1/2 Girls (approx. distance 1km)
09.30 am: Year 1/2 Boys (approx. distance 1km)
09.45am: Year 3/4 Girls (approx. distance 1.4km)
10.00am: Year 3/4 Boys (approx. distance 1.4km)
10.15am: Year 5/6 Girls (approx. distance 1.6km)
10.30am: Year 5/6 Boys (approx. distance 1.6km)
11:00am Prize Giving with the Mayor and Chair of the Henley Youth Festival
We encourage everyone to enter, even if you are going to walk. Medals for all entrants.